Dr. Fred Pescatore, M.D. – New York Bioidentical Doctor
Dr. Fred Pescatore, the founder of Medicine 369, has been on the forefront of Integrative and Nutritional Medicine since the 90’s. He is internationally recognized as a health, nutrition, and weight loss expert. He has lectured extensively on all aspects of health and wellness, including hormone balancing for both men and women. Dr. Pescatore has been prescribing Bio-identical Hormones long before they became mainstream.
Hormones are the master regulators of many functions of the body. They can become imbalanced with age, stress, illness, poor nutrition, medications, unhealthy lifestyle choices, and sleep deprivation. Dr. Pescatore has been working with Bio-identical Hormones for over 25 years. He has a long track record of how to use hormones correctly, and how to monitor them for safety. He works with both blood tests and saliva testing, and he is cautious in dosing hormones, and recognizes individual differences. Dr. Pescatore works with a number of hand-compounding pharmacies to ensure the right delivery system, and can offer delivery methods of creams, capsules, troches, or suppositories, for each client.
Balanced Hormones are essential for good health in both men and women, but hormonal harmony is especially important for women. Women who are balanced have regular menstrual cycles, like clock work and rarely experience PMS or have cramps. These are the same women who have few issues with peri-menopause, and ease into menopause. Women who have hormone imbalances can literally be governed by their menstrual cycles. Hormone imbalances may produce some of the following symptoms.
- Acne can occur when hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands to overproduce oil
- Loss of skin elasticity may occur if deficient estrogen decreases collagen production
- Irritability or depression can happen when hormones interfere with blood sugar
- Headaches may occur when hormones cause blood to not flow smoothly in vessels
- Food Cravings can be triggered by an estrogen or blood sugar imbalance
- Emotional Outbursts may occur when hormones influence brain chemistry
- Cramps may occur due to excessive prostaglandins released by hormones
- Heavy Bleeding may occur due to an estrogen and progesterone imbalance
- Swelling can happen when progesterone is deficient
- Weight Gain may occur when metabolism is affected by hormone imbalance
- Hot flashes or night sweats can occur when hormones fail to regulate the hypothalamus, which sets the body’s cycles
Deficient Testosterone is one of the most neglected areas in medicine today. Both men and women can benefit from testosterone replacement therapy. Dr. Pescatore has been lecturing on Andropause, which is male testosterone decline and low testosterone in women, since the 90′s. He has years of experience, with safely dosing and monitoring testosterone levels. Symptoms of low testosterone can include the following symptoms.
- Fatigue can occur when testosterone imbalances raise cortisol levels
- Lethargy may happen because of testosterone’s affect on blood sugar
- Decreased focus and drive may occur due to testosterone’s affect on brain function
- Muscle loss may occur in spite of exercise due to testosterone’s affect on muscle cells
- Delayed healing of injuries can occur due to testosterone’s affect on tissue repair
- Bone loss can happen due to testosterone’s role in helping bones to absorb nutrients
- Decreased libido occurs when lack of testosterone decreases sexual interest or desire
- Hair loss may occur due to testosterone’s role in maintaining healthy hair follicles
- Insomnia can occur if imbalances cause mixed signals to be sent to the hypothalamus
- High cholesterol may happen if decreased testosterone raises bad cholesterol levels
If symptoms go untreated for a long period of time, the underlying imbalances can lead to other diseases, and Dr. Pescatore is experienced at diagnosing and treating all types of hormone imbalances. Some of the syndromes he treats are andropause, menopause, peri-menopause, PMS, thyroid disorders and adrenal fatigue. Many individuals with adrenal fatigue, lethargy, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome, may actually have low DHEA-sulfate levels. Stress, poor diet, hormone imbalances, hypothyroidism, and poor sleep habits all impact the adrenals, leading to adrenal fatigue. Dr. Pescatore will look at all aspects of a patient’s health to identify the issues, support the adrenals, and relieve the adrenal fatigue. After a complete history, physical and appropriate laboratory testing, patients will receive a customized program to treat any syndrome related to hormone imbalance.
Hormone balancing begins with a history, physical, and blood work. If indicated, additional testing may include sonograms, a bone density exam, and neurotransmitter levels. Lifestyle choices, stress levels, diet, and exercise all impact hormone balance, and Dr. Pescatore will work with Patients to help make the positive lifestyle changes necessary to get and stay balanced.